Round on the ends and Hi in the middle - OHIO

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fall foods - Fall forward.......

Well, with the recent time change and all, and the cold nip in the air, thoughts are turning to Holiday foods. I just recently found a great recipe for Impossible Pumpkin Pie. I'll have to list it here in my blog. I thought it would be a good one to try as it makes it's own crust. No need to try to put nuts in it and spoil the whole thing (I'm not fond of nuts in sweet things). I also wanted to tell everyone that even though it gets dreary and dark and cold out, light a fire, walk on the tread mill (if you have one) pick up some weights (or canned food) and do some arm curls. But don't get caught sitting in front of the t.v. with thoughts of snacking. I have plenty to do, since I raise rabbits and have a barn full of critters. I'm always out there, working, cleaning or just enjoying the animals. Be creative it'll help you get through those long winter days!

I also am excited today, I went to my favorite consignment shop and bought two pair of nice pants, both a size 12 and three wonderful looking sweaters - mediums!!!! I am so psyched!!! I just want to put up three way mirrors in my bedroom now........before I didn't even want to PASS one!!! It's so great to go from a size 18 to a size 12 - what an ego booster that is. And the clothes!!!! Wow, there is so much more to be had as a size 12. They don't know what fashion is when you're a size 18 - sad. I feel on top of the world, thank you all for the encouragement to succeed. Well, enough said - here is that recipe......

This smooth, spicy pumpkin pie makes its own crust! Delicious with whipped topping or Breyers Carbsmart vanilla ice cream. Yields: 1 - 9 inch pie Ingredients:

2 cups pumpkin puree
1-1/2 cups Hood Calorie Countdown milk
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Carb Quik baking mix
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon
ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon
ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon
ground cloves
1 teaspoon
ground allspice
2 teaspoons
vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch pie pan. In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, sugar, baking mix, melted butter, eggs, allspice, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, until mixture is smooth. Pour mixture into pan. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until set in center. Allow to cool before serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home