Round on the ends and Hi in the middle - OHIO

Friday, September 01, 2006

Yum - great recipe I just had to share.....

I thought I would post this, as it was too good not to. My mother in law blessed me with this tremendously huge zucchini squash the other day. It was sitting on my kitchen island and I thought of an old recipe my sister-in-law shared with me. It's all low carb too, as I sat there and read the ingredients. Here it is and it was wonderful and rich.

Cut up (don't peel) enough zucchini for three cups cubed
put this in a boiling pot of water for about 5-8 minutes until tender and then
rinse with cold water wash in a collander.
In another 1 quart pan, low heat, add
1/2 cup of sour cream
4 tblspoons of butter
3 tblspoons of grated cheese (parmesan or romano)
Melt all of these together and remove from heat.

When slightly cooled down, add one egg and two tablespoons of chives
(I didn't have chives and added green onion last night as well as fresh mushrooms)
mix this creamy mixture in with the zucchini in a cassarole dish.

For the augratin topping -
take 1/2 bag of pork rinds and put them in a food processor/blender and puree
add two tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
sprinkle on top of zucchini and add pats of butter.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.


MMMMMMmmmm GOOD. I didn't even eat any meat as it filled me up for dinner last night. I don't know the carb count, but I don't think it will be that high. Enjoy!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Hike2Health said...

Yummo! Thanks for sharing that. I wonder if you could have a layer of ground meat on the bottom so it would be a complete meal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home